Friday, September 25, 2009

What a week! I know most of America is thrilled for new t.v. season. Morgan, Jim, and I watched two great series from Hulu (sp?)--Nurse Jackie and Glee--we loved them. However, I'm not thrilled about the new t.v. season as much as I'm thrilled for the richness of new books.

I've been reading "like the wind" this past week. I just finished Massacre at Mountain Meadows--a lovely book about a difficult, terrible subject. And yesterday afternoon I began in earnest The Lost Symbol, the new Dan Brown. I can't wait to finish writing this and get back to the adventure. Also, the blessed UPS man brought the latest installment in the Outlander series today, An Echo in the Bone, which promises to be 900 pages of pure enjoyment about Jamie and Claire Fraser. Also, I just bought the sequel to Hunger Games, a young adult novel I read. This is like having a vacation where there is something to look forward to every single day.

I'm thrilled and the weather is beautiful and I should be gardening and preparing my syllabus for the class I'm going to be teaching, but....I'll just read for another 45 minutes and then I'll be productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment